Life Span and Warranty
- A metal roof, correctly installed, can last three times as long as a composite shingle roof. Also, metal manufacturers typically offer a 30-50 year warranty on their metal roofing systems.
- Raises the value of your building and may reduce home owners insurance. Much cheaper than shingles over its lifespan.
- Metal roofing can be applied right over existing shingles and other materials.
- Much less on-going maintenance is required than a shingle roof.
- Reflects heat and adds insulation which can easily save you 10-20% on cooling and heating costs.
- Causes significantly less pollution and waste than shingles.
- Solar energy panels can be fastened to metal roofing.
- Metal roofing withstands hurricane force winds, with panels rated up to 146mph wind uplift resistance.
- Coastal living concerns? The right metal roofing systems provide excellent corrosion protection.
- Does not hold heavy debris, ice, or snow and is fire retardant.