These days, more and more homeowners are deciding that metal roofing is the smart, affordable and attractive choice for them. And why not? Metal has so many benefits, including the following:
- It can take on the appearance of many other roofing styles. From asphalt to slate to wood shakes, metal is so versatile that it can resemble a wide variety of roofing systems.
- It will last for at least a half-century — or more! Metal roofs have proven to be incredibly resilient and durable. While asphalt will need re-roofing every 10 to 20 years, a metal roof will not decompose.
- The interlocking types of metal roofing are highly resistant to wind.
- Metal is more fire-resistant than many other types of systems.
- A metal roof is energy-efficient and will keep your home cooler, thereby saving you money on utility bills.It’s estimated that you’ll save up to 40 percent on energy depending on the region you live in!
- It’s lightweight. A metal roof won’t cause undue stress on your home because of its weight, so that’s a concern you never have to worry about.
- It’s good for the environment. Metal roofs can be installed right over your old roof, which reduces the amount of waste that ends up in landfills. They are also 100 percent recyclable.
Many homeowners are really beginning to understand the benefits of metal roofing — in fact, it’s quadrupled in the homeowner market over the past decade.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of metal roofing for homeowners, contact 1st Coast
Metal Roofing Supply today! Metal is obviously a very popular choice these days, and we can help you choose just the right style that suits your house and budget.